Posted: October 3, 2014
The election ads are everywhere and the Tom Udall scare tactics are flowering.
As a young voter you should want reform and not vote for Tom Udall who is status quo.
As an older voter you should want reform and not vote for Tom Udall who is status quo.
As the linked article below stresses, there are at least five reasons to deal with Social Security now, nor later.
- Social Security has spent more than it has received in taxes each of the past four years.
- Social Security will run annual deficits of 12% over the next decade.
- While technically solvent, Social Security adds to the Federal deficit now.
- Without reform, Social Security benefits will drop 23% by 2033.
- Payroll taxes will have to rise 33% to cover this 2033 benefit drop.
So, Tom Udall is just being funny when he says Social Security can not be reformed. He is just refusing to tackle tough problems he was sent to deal with in Congress.
Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid, as well as ObamaCare, must ALL be reworked or there will be no money for any of them, or any of you.
That is not a scare tactic.
That is a fact.
Full article here >>>.