What Tom Udall Says:
“Abortion should be safe, legal, rare …
What Tom Udall Does:
- Rated 100% by NARAL (pro choice group).
- Rated 0% by NRLC (pro life group).
- Voted “No” to restricting UN funding for population control policies. The bill sought to limit American dollars used for coercive abortion or involuntary sterilization in places like China that has a mandatory abortion policy for women and families.
- Voted “Yes”on expanding research to more embryonic stem cell lines.
- Voted “No” on a bill that would have restricted minors going across state lines to receive an abortion. The bill sought to address differences in state laws regarding abortions, addressing parental notification issues, and protecting minors.
- Voted “No” on making it a crime to harm a fetus during another crime.
- Voted “No” on banning partial-birth abortion except to save a mother’s life.
- Voted “No” on forbidding human cloning for reproduction and medical research.
- Voted “No” on funding for health providers who do not provide abortion info to clients.
- Voted “No” on banning Family Planning funding in U.S. aid abroad.
- Voted “No” on barring transporting minors to get an abortion across state lines.
- Holds fundraisers with abortion industry providers who make money by making abortion easily available and covered by insurance plans.
- Voted “Yes” for ObamaCare that requires religious organizations who provide health insurance to employees or others to add contraception and abortion services to their health plans even if it is against their religious beliefs.
- Votes for abortion legislation that some minorities call “genocide”.
- Votes for abortion legislation that maintains and expands the abortion industry in the U.S. and around the world.