What Tom Udall Says:
“Throughout my public service career, I have maintained a commitment to fiscal discipline …”
What Tom Udall Does:
- Never votes against raising the Debt Ceiling.
- Always decries opposition when they mention fiscal responsibility.
- Votes to expand government at all times in all places.
- Rated as “F” by the National Taxpayers Association, an independent non-partisan special interest group.
- Rated by Citizens Against Government Waste as “8%” showing his voting record for fiscal discipline is close to zero. This group is also a non-partisan special interest group.
- Has not voted for a budget in the Senate for five years straight because the Senate Majority Leader won’t vote on it and would rather create crisis around the economy to score political points against a Republican house.
- Does not support a balanced budget amendment to the Constitution.
- Votes for ObamaCare, a new entitlement program, that has no cost controls when entitlement programs are already a serious threat to the economic health of the country.