What Tom Udall Says:
“We need a comprehensive solution that respects America’s legacy as a nation of immigrants and a nation of laws. I believe that when we discuss immigration and the security of our nation’s borders, we must have a policy that takes into account the interests of all stakeholders.”
What Tom Udall Does:
- Rated “F” by Numbers USA – independent group covering effects of illegal immigration on the U.S.
- Rated “0%” by FAIR – independent group for secure borders and reforming the legal immigration system to the U.S.
- Votes for Pathway to Citizenship for illegal entrants into U.S.
- Votes “No” on border fences between Mexico and U.S.
- Votes “No” on reporting illegal aliens who receive medical treatment in U.S.
- Votes “Yes” on extending immigrant residency rules.
- Votes “Yes” on work VISA’s that let foreigners take jobs that qualified Americans are seeking.
- Doesn’t distinguish between legal and illegal immigration. (We have a legal immigration system that works fine. It is just the illegal immigration fact that must be addressed.)
- Refuses to address anchor baby law that lets anyone born in the U.S. become a U.S. citizen regardless of family ties in the U.S.
- Voted for DREAM Act to give college scholarships to sons and daughters of illegal immigrants and grant them citizenship.
- Votes for illegal immigration and supported in campaign by lots of well-paid immigration attorneys.
- Votes for multitude of Federal programs that are used by legal as well as illegal immigrants that cost taxpayers dearly.
- Votes for allowing illegal immigrants to work in the U.S. thus depressing wages and sending many other well bodied citizens to apply for food stamps and unemployment rather than work.